Product certification, also called product qualification, is the process of certifying that a certain product has passed performance tests and quality assurance tests, and meets qualification criteria stipulated in contracts, regulations, or specifications (typically called "certification schemes" in the product certification industry).
- CERTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT MARKETS MARKETS
To enter European Economic Area, the mobile phone must pass three kinds of mandatory conformity certification: CE (European Conformity), phone number IMEI and ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances), which includes three methods:
1. Chemical Analysis: Divide a mobile phone into metallic parts and non-metallic parts to have a chemical analysis.
2. XRF (X-Ray Fluorescence) and Analysis: Scan the complete handset with a XRF machine and chemical testing.
3. ROHS Report: Gather all the ROHS reports of a mobile phone parts and make them into a complete ROHS report of the mobile phone.
The certification mark of CE:
- Philippines government also provide two options for enrolling the local market: Directly apply the access authentication from NTC (National Telecommunication Commission of Philippines), or use the whole CE certification, not just the RF and SAR. Its requirements are more strict. Of course, all the CE test reports need to be made by admissive labs.
- Malaysia government accepts two kinds of access authentication: one is from SIRIM (Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia), the other is the CE certification. You can change the CE certification to SIRIM accepted certification with all the CE test reports, which are made by admissive labs.
- Singapore government also accepts two kinds of access authentication : certification from IDA (Infocomm Development Authority) and CE certification. You can change the CE certification to IDA accepted certification with all the CE test reports.
- Besides the access authentication from TRC (Telecommunication Regulatory Commission) , Jordan government also accepts CE certification and reports, which need to contain the phone's IMEI number. The Jordan government asks IMEI number in the shipment and the trademark and model number of IMEI number must be the same.
- Bangladesh governments accepts access authentication from BTRC (Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission) and CE certification, which can be approved with SAR certification and IMEI number. Some regions might need the whole CE reports and certifications for access. And sometimes, the customers might require CCC (China Compulsory Certification) certification.
- To sell your mobile phone Egypt market, you have to apply access authentication from NTRA (National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority) or CE certification, which can be changed to NTRA approval with CE reports and certification. But with the CE certification, you also need to apply for inspection before the shipment. The process includes: first, apply for VOC certification from one of the five institution after getting the CE approval; second, schedule inspection and shipment with VOC documents and IEMI number.
- South Africa
- South Africa governments accepts certifications from both ICASA (Independent Communications Authority Of South Africa) and CE. You only need to apply for the ICASA certification with LVD, EMC, RF reports of CE.
- Sri Lanka
- To enter Nigeria market, you have to apply for two kinds of certification: mandatory SONCAP (Standards Organization of Nigeria Conformity Assessment Program) certification and NCC (Nigerian Communications Commission) access authentication.
You can follow below three steps:
1.Test the mobile phones and create electronic test reports;
2.Get PC (Product Certification) approval from ITC (Institute for Testing and Certification) with test reports and related materials.
3.Apply one-time clearance certification - SONCAP certification for the phone shipment.
- Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia government only accepts their own SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) certification, which is mandatory. Generally, you can get the local approval by phone tests and inspection.
- Like most other countries, Dubai government accepts two types of certifications: Local TRA () access authentication and CE certification, which can be changed to the TRA certification with CE certification and all the test reports.
- You need to prepare more certifications to enter India market: SAR (Specific Absorption Rate), ROHS, WPC (Wireless Power Consortium), BIS (The Bureau of Indian Standards) certification and IEMI number. And to get the SAR certification, you need testing Head and Body tests of FCC (Federal Communications Commission) Standard. Learn More >>
- North American - United States
- To sell your phone in United States, you have to apply for the Wireless Communication Department FCC ID (Federal Communications Commission Identifier) certification. However, in US, mobile phones are always bound with local operators for sell, so it is not usual for mobile phone manufacturers or integrators to export phones to US with FCC ID certification. But other North American countries and South American countries also accept FCC ID certification, like Mexico and neighboring countries. Related certification mark:
- To enter Brazil market, you have to apply ANATEL () certification. But all the tests for mobile phone and accessories of ANATEL certification need to be conducted in the local labs in Brazil, so the cost and test requirements are very strict
the common process is here:
1.Complete the pre-test inland for more than ten prototypes, battery charger and battery, which have a very good quality.
2.Conduct all the tests required in Brazil.
3.Apply ANATEL certification with all the test reports
- You need several certifications to get in Australia market, the local A-TICK certification from ACA (Australian Communications Authority), C-TICK and SAA (Standards Association of Australian) certification for phone accessories like battery charger. To apply A-TICK certification
you can follow below steps:
1.Get the CE approval with all the reports qualified inland.
2.Provide three prototypes for local tests.
3.Apply A-TICK certification with CE materials and all the local test reports.
- You only need the local GOST (ГОСТ Государственный общесоюзный стандарт) certification to get in Russia market, but all the tests must be conducted in local, so you need the authorization of local operator or brand to ship your mobile phones to Russia market.
ABOUT PHONE ACCESSORIES
- Certifications for Mobile Phone Battery
- 1.There two kinds of certifications for mobile battery: one is EN60950-1, which needs lower cost but will have more chance for checking; the other is IEC62133, which costs more but will be approved by the local government.
- 2.To get Battery UL (Underwriter Laboratories Inc.) certification of United States, you need to make sure that you have get UL approval for battery core.
- 3.The CB reports and certifications for battery are sent by specified institutions, such as TUV, SGS, BV, ITS, CQC. Related certification marks:
- Certifications for Battery Charger
- 1.Only for European Union market, the battery charger needs CE certification, which includes EMC and SAFETY reports.
- 2.For United States, the battery charger needs FCC ID certification. And the UL certification is voluntary for safety.
- 3.The CB (Scheme of the IECEE for Mutual Recognition of Test Certificates for Electrical Equipment) certifications is very strict for battery charger, as it is for safety consideration of consumers.
- MAIN CERTIFICATION INSTITUTIONS
(Société Générale de Surveillance)
multinational company headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland which provides inspection, verification, testing and certification services
TÜVs (Technischer Überwachungs-Verein)
German organizations that work to validate the safety of products of all kinds to protect humans and the environment against hazards.
ITS (Intertek Testing Services)
multinational inspection, product testing and certification company headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
|BV (Bureau Veritas)||global company in testing, inspection and certification services. Bureau Veritas offer services and solutions to ensure that their clients' assets, products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.|
CQC (China Quality Certification Center)
is a Chinese administration based in Beijing with responsibilities for the implementation of product certification. It is responsible for product standards and quality standards sold on the Chinese market.
CTi (Centre Testing International)
|is China's leading product testing, inspection, certification, and consulting firm. Providing comprehensive services for virtually all consumer products, CTI ensures quality and enables companies to sell their products to markets worldwide.|