Industry Chain Overview
Volume Production Process
Generally, there are 30-40 persons in a production line, which has the capacity of 1000 – 1500 mobile phones each day.
- Material Distribution: Distribute qualified materials to each related position.
- Software Upgrades: Factories usually make this process on the first step, while some software need to be upgraded after finishing product when comes to the battery issue.
- PCBA Welding: In this step, manufacturers always weld the modules, such as speaker, receiver, microphone, FPC, button, camera and display into PCBA (printed circuit board assembly) in different order based on different design.
- Semi-finished product prediction: Predict for finished PCB modules to reduce the rate of teardown. Generally, manufacturers can use battery or power supply for tests.
- Face and bottom shell fabrication : The fabrication sequence will be based on the different design.
- Appearance Inspection : In this step, manufacturers will check whether the mobile phones have the following problems: scratched surface, missing components, broken screen and chromatic aberration, etc. the appearance inspection will be finished according to different quality standard of different companies.
- Set the screw
- MMI Engineering Test : MMI is a functional test for the whole mobile phone, according to the engineering test instruction provided by different solution providers to conduct a comprehensive engineering testing, mainly on the speaker, receiver, LCD, camera, buttons, touch screen and a series of functional test.
- Coupling Test : Also called signal test.
- Labeling and inputting IMEI Code : As you input *#06# in your mobile phone, the IMEI code will be showed in the screen.
- Get Bagged : Clean the cell phones and put it in PE protect bag.
- QA Testing : The last step before package is QA (Quality Assurance) testing, to make sure the mobile phones complete OK for package and shipment.
- Package and Shipment