Xiaomi MI 5 has been released in China for days and is going to release in India on March 31, just several days from now. Xiaomi has boasted that Xiaomi MI 5 was released with top 10 “black technologies”, but we know that most of the top 10 “black technologies” of Xiaomi MI 5 comes from Snapdragon 820 chip after we review Xiaomi MI 5 specs. Anyway, this high expectations Snapdragon 820 smartphone is now available for India users who want to experience a Xiaomi smartphone. In China, Xiaomi MI 5 has three versions with different prices, the basic 32GB model is priced at RMB 1699, and enhanced 64GB flavor with faster processing is priced at RMB 2299 and an exclusive ceramic back edition with a whopping 128GB of internal storage is priced at RMB 2699.
Just a month ago at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 launch even, Hugo Barra, the vice president of Xiaomi Global announced that the 2016 flagship Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone will be launched in India in April. Keeping to his promise of launching the Xiaomi Mi 5 within a month, the Chinese manufacturer has now sent out media invites for the Mi 5 launch, which is scheduled to be launched on March 31. And if the prices of three Xiaomi MI 5 editions are not changed from China to India, the price of Xiaomi MI 5 Basic will be approximately Rs 21,000 in India; and the Xiaomi MI 5 Enhanced edition will be priced at approximately Rs 23,000; the price of exclusive ceramic back edition of Xiaomi MI 5 will be about Rs 28,000. However, we can’t confirm that Xiaomi will release all three versions in India until the release event on March 31.
To refresh, we list Xiaomi MI 5 specs below:
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo Processor with Adreno 530
- 5.15 inch IPS LCD Capacitive FHD Touch screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels of 428 PPI, 73.1% screen-to-body ratio
- 3GB of RAM and 4GB of RAM for pro edition
- 32GB/64GB of internal storage, 128GB ROM for pro edition
- 16MP primary camera with LED flash, phase detection autofocus, OIS touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- 4MP secondary camera for selfie
- 144.6 x 69.2 x 7.3 mm
- Nano-SIM card slot, supporting 4G, 3G and 2G. 4G network bands include: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500); 3G network bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100; 2G network bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
And if you learn more about Xiaomi MI 5, please see the Xiaomi MI 5 review. And you can leave your opinion about Xiaomi MI 5 price, release and specs below.
To know more about India newests smartphones, see this India mobile price list.